The formal pitch:
- Started editing when I failed one of my modules in A Level Media
- Have been editing for nearly seven years
- Have edited with software such as Avid, Final Cut, Adobe Premiere and Imovie
- Studied my A levels at camborne science and Community college
- Studied my degree at the University College Falmouth as well as my MA
- Would like to be a feature length film editor but would like to start my career in television editing
What is an Editor:
An editor is: “A film or video editor is responsible for assembling raw material into a finished product suitable for broadcasting…”
Off line editor: is an individual who edits the raw footage together into a sequences but does nothing else to it.
Online editor: Is an editor that does all the colour grading, masking etc… before it get distributed or broadcasted to viewers.
Channel 4 - First Cut Doc Idea
- I will hopefully be the editor for dan’s “Capture Cornwall” Documentary
- This is a unique project to edit as the crew will not have full control of the outcome for the final product
- Dan will be directing and editing the sound and promotion videos etc…
- Henry will be producing
- We need a camera operator; however these will not be heavy roles.
What is difficult or challenging about this type of documentary?
- first the majority of the footage will be capture by the public
- the shooting date will be 2nd June 2012
Techniques I am intending on using
- Split Screens
- Push Screens
- Vox pops
- Fast Cuts
What syle am I going to use
- Blaire Witch Project
- Britain in a day
- Life in a Day
- Man with a movie Camera
- Mail Train
- It is going to depend on whether or not those who film their own footage are going to stick to the formatting information that will be placed on the ‘Capture Cornwall’ website
- The quality will change depending on the camera quality used by the public
- The footage that will be shot by the camera operator will be to a professional stand in order o differentiate from each other
Once my pitch was over I was advised to use an editing tool named handbrake.